Perks abound when you keep a healthy stash of this alcohol around your salon. For example, if you take a look at the directions for several of our products, they often begin with 99% Alcohol. It’s quite frankly a great all-around preparation product for your shop. To illustrate this, let’s look at four common ways of making the most of it.
- Preparing your clients’ skin
- Preparing your clients’ hair systems
- Preparing for your other preparation products
- Preparing your go-to tools and offering light cleanup
Perk 1: 99% Alcohol Prepares Your Clients’ Skin for Bonding
Compared to other surfaces, skin is weirdly challenging to stick to. Think about it: how many other surfaces are constantly shedding layers or producing oils and moisture like our skin? These traits make bonding to our bodies a struggle and point to why 99% Alcohol is such a vital accompaniment every time we determine to do so.
If you try sticking an adhesive on top of skin oils, it won’t hold as long. If you try sticking an adhesive on top of dead skin cells, it won’t hold as long. And the same goes for sweaty or clammy skin.
This is where 99% Alcohol comes in handy. When you use it on your client, it clears away all the oils and dead skin cells, and it helps dry out slight moisture. So, it gives your client’s scalp the best shot at the adhesive’s top performance.
1. We recommend that you test a small amount on your client. This way, you can guarantee a comfortable experience for them and rest assured that it performs as expected.
2. Use a sponge brush to apply evenly across your client’s scalp.
3. Wait a few seconds for the alcohol to evaporate before placing a scalp protector, such as Max Hold Sport.
Perk 2: 99% Alcohol Prepares Your Clients’ Hair Systems for Bonding
Make 99% Alcohol the last step in cleaning your client’s system. It works well to ensure that the system is free of residue from other products.
1. Wear gloves to minimize leaving fingerprints while handling a system.
2. It’s completely safe for all hair systems. So, confidently apply it to the entire underside of the system with a sponge brush.
Perk 3: 99% Alcohol Prepares Your Clients’ Skin for the Use of Other Preparation Products
Directions for the Scalp Protector Series and Max Hold Sport
1. Apply 99% Alcohol to the scalp with a sponge brush to remove oils and clean skin before using the protector.
2. Wait briefly for it to evaporate completely, and then apply protector.
Directions for Bond Breaker Shampoo
1. Wash hair and scalp with Bond Breaker Shampoo.
2. Dry hair and scalp.
3. Apply 99% Alcohol to scalp with a sponge brush to ensure best bond performance.
4. Wait for it to evaporate entirely before continuing with your preparation.
Perk 4: 99% Alcohol Prepares Your Tools for Reuse
While it doesn’t replace the need for barbicide, it provides light cleanup for just about anything in your salon. For example, it’s great for de-gunkifying adhesive from your shears. And since it’s alcohol, it vanishes without leaving behind residue.
1. Apply to area you intend for light cleanup.
2. Scrub until alcohol evaporates.
3. Apply more as needed.