TV shows are one of the most popular places we see wigs. Some look natural…others…just don’t work. Knowing how to style a wig can be tough when you are unsure whether or not you have a good quality wig. Let’s explore how to style a wig and what it takes to make a wig look good.
What is considered a good wig?
- A wig will be able to tell you about the character of the person wearing it.
- The wig itself should look natural and realistic on-set or if you’re just at home.
- The hairline on the wig needs to look natural on the individual’s hairline.
- If a wig is not styled correctly, it can look the complete opposite of realistic and natural. An example of well styled wigs is Effie Trinkle (Elizabeth Banks) in The Hunger Games. That woman knows how to work wigs!
- Of course, the way you style a wig depends on the person wearing it. As long as the wig looks great on the person wearing it, you did a great job.
- A wig should have a secure hold so you forget it is there and can move naturally. We recommend Ultra Hold or Lace Front Support Tape to ensure a great hold and long time wear during active/busy days on set.
- A good wig will have a long lifespan if you take good care of it. For example: using our Top-Loc Knot Sealer can really help seal and protect the knots in your wig. Make sure you also follow our 5 Steps to Protect Your Wig.
If you have any suggestions for feature posts or have any questions about our hair system products, be sure to comment or e-mail us at email@example.com!
Other posts you may like:
Save Money On Your Product Orders (INFOGRAPHIC)
Flammables VS Non-Flammables: The Shipping Charges Can Burn You
Product Spotlight: Bond Breaker
Types of Wigs
Product Spotlight: Max Hold Sport
Full Lace Front Install with Maximum Wear Tape
99% Alcohol: Start Your Prep on the Right Step
About Walker Tape Company
Designed by Elegant Themes | Powere