Now that you have your dream hair, you need to learn how to take care of your extensions and know what to avoid.
- Avoid any shampoo and conditioner that has silicone in it. This will make your hair extensions loosen and fall out.
- Do not wash your hair within the first 48 hours of having your extensions installed.
- Braid / Plait your hair at bedtime to avoid tangling and matting.
- Get a hair extension brush. They make these brushes to help protect your hair. Please use one!
- Do not over wash your hair. Over washing will make your extensions look dull and worn out. If you must shampoo, consider using a dry shampoo.
- Do not over brush your hair. Over brushing will pull hair out of your extensions.
- Avoid chemically treated water and salt water. These chemicals will break down your bond and make your extensions slip out.
- Keep your appointments with your trained, certified stylists. You can’t leave your extensions in for too long or it will cause major breakage to your natural hair.
These are just a few of the tips that you need to keep in mind now that you have the hair you have always wanted. Make sure you ask your stylist for shampoo and conditioner recommendations!
Have questions for us? You can contact us at Info@HairExtensionTape.com or you can call us at 801-282-2015.